Our mission is to relieve our patient’s medical illnesses by pursuing excellence in our medical judgement and treatment at the shortest possible time.
We promise that:
- At all times your consultation will be treated with strictest confidentiality.
- We endeavour to offer you an appointment with a doctor within 2 working days, although you may have to wait slightly longer to see the doctor of your choice.
- We expect you to give at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to keep your appointment so that another patient may be seen. If you are running late please inform reception.
- We will give you an appointment to see a doctor within 24 hours or same day for children under 6 years of age.
- We will try to keep appointment waiting time to minimum.
- We will offer you the best advice and treatment that we believe is best for you.
- We will try to give some test and x-ray results on the phone ONLY TO YOU. Not all results can be given over the phone. After receiving the results if doctors want you to attend the surgery, again we will inform you.
- A doctor is always available for emergencies.
- We will try and deal your complaints and problems promptly and efficiently.
- We would expect that in you dealings with the practice you will be treated courteously and with respect. We would ask that this is also given in return.
You can help us by:
- Telling us when you cannot keep your appointment so that other people can be given your appointment time.
- Giving us 48 hours notice for repeat prescriptions. Repeats are not accepted over the phone because it may lead to wrongly prescribed drugs with possible disastrous consequences.
- Thinking carefully before you call as doctors are on call only for emergencies.
- Please only ask for home visits if you are too ill to attend the surgery. If a home visit is needed, please give the receptionist as much as information as possible so that the doctors can evaluate the priorities in order of importance.
- Taking full advantage of health clinics at the surgery. Many illnesses can be prevented by healthy lifestyle and following the advice given by the primary healthcare team.
- Giving your suggestions on how to improve the services to the practice manager or the administrator.